What's For Dinner?



What's For Dinner?  Why Nick and Toni's Penne Alla Vecchia Bettola of course! 
I have two favorite tomato sauce recipes, the one which I'm making tonight & first read about on The Amateur Gourmet, & another one that I found on Orangette but is actually a Marcella Hazan original. 
I was thinking about making the simpler recipe which is basically tomatoes, an onion, & butter, but when I realized that I had vodka & cream on hand it wasn't really a hard decision.   
I even splurged on the expensive & delicious San Marzano tomatoes, so I'm excited to see & taste how the dish differs from the last time I made it with regular old cheap tomatoes.
Find the recipe here & enjoy!


(Update:  It didn't taste any different with the San Marzano tomatoes.  But it was still delicious!)



 
(photo taken with Cross Process iPhone app)

No comments: