Chocolate Chip Cookies


I made these chocolate chip cookies from a recipe by David Lebovitz from his cookbook, Ready for Dessert, and they were the best I have ever had!  There are a few things that I think make this cookie really amazing.
  • You chop up chocolate bars instead of using chocolate chips, which gives you these huge bits of chocolate in your cookie and is really marvelous.
  • Use toasted pecans instead of walnuts.
  • After making the cookies, you roll the dough into logs, then wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours.
  • Then you cut the dough into 3/4" disks, which allows it to cook very evenly, and not be burnt on the bottom and raw on the top.
This recipe makes what seems like a million cookies.  I like to keep the dough in the fridge and then you can cut off a few and bake them fresh whenever you feel like a treat.  You have to try these, I will never make chocolate chip cookies the old fashioned way ever again! 
Thanks David.

No comments: