What's For Dinner?


YUM.  Sliced spring salad with avocado and feta.
It seems like every time I write about a salad on here, I proclaim it the best salad ever.  I guess I'm just surprised that salad can be so tasty or something, I don't really know.  Anyway, this salad is from Molly Wizenberg's excellent memoir/cookbook, A Homemade Life.  It's one of the first recipes I made from the book and the uniqueness and tastiness of the salad really cemented for me that every recipe from the book was going to be something to write home about.  Or blog about, for that matter.  So far, everything I make from this book is a huge winner.  The rum cream pie with pistachios and chocolate has become such a favorite with my crowd that it's now attributed to me instead of the original author (sorry Molly!) and the ratatouille and bouchons au thon make frequent appearances in my kitchen. 
This salad is perfect for any time of year but I especially enjoy it in the summer months when it's too hot to cook and you want something fresh and cold and crunchy to eat.  One last thing:  this recipe is perfectly balanced.  Please don't try to leave one thing out or substitute something else.  I want you to try it exactly how it is meant to be, it's really something. 
Get the recipe here

No comments: