Butcher Paper Birthday


Recently I had a birthday present to wrap and no time to drive to a fancy card store and spend lots of money on something.  So I stopped by my local dollar store and picked up some butcher paper and this 80's-esque, slightly hipster rainbow ribbon.  I like the way it turned out, it's simple but fun!
Another thing I love to do (when I have more time) is take a potato, cut it in half, carve out a design or a person's initials, and then dip in paint and stamp it all over plain paper to make my own homemade wrapping paper.  Personalization shows you care!

3 comments:

Fashalina aka The Hyperbalist said...

this is the cutest thing i've ever seen. I seriously like this better than my skull present for whitney. I don't think dollar stores around here SELL butcher paper...maybe I can get it from a literal butcher...like at the deli. haha. ? and I want that 80's fun-fetti hipster ribbon!!!!

vjacyno said...

i saw recently a crafter who took a Styrofoam plante and etched a design in it with blunt tippy thing and used that as a stamp. i liked it. i liked it quite a bit.

Crystal said...

I saw that too! I think on pinterest? I thought it was so clever. Def need to try!