My Favorite Things- Signature Fragrance

Parfum Sacre by Caron

Have you ever been to The Perfume House in Portland, Oregon?
It's a unique experience.  The fact that The Perfume House even exists there is pretty amazing.  Portlanders are not known for their style and fragrance, unless you are talking about Gore Tex and patchouli.  I'm not trying to be rude but that's just the way it goes.  Also, The Perfume House is located on Hawthorne Boulevard which is known for being a "hippie" part of town, and it's in this old brown house which has been converted into an amazing perfume shop. 
I first went there years ago with my bestie Lauren and we had an amazing time.  The owner Chris was in for the day, he's a wonderful old world European gentleman and this guy is the best salesperson I have ever come across.  You don't even realize what he's doing to you, he sits you down and tells you some amazing story and the next thing you know, you buy everything in sight.  We talk about Chris all the time and when we go back we are disappointed if he isn't there.  Every time we visit we learn something new, and one time Chris sold us on this wonderful rigamarole about day and evening scents.  Day scents are made with flowers that bloom during the day, are only worn during the day and you can have as many as you want, switching back and forth.  Evening scents are special.  You only have one, and it is your signature fragrance.  It is made from night blooming flowers and it is a very personal thing, what you are known for.  Of course I became obsessed, and it took me a couple of years but I found it (at The Perfume House of course) and it is Parfum Sacre by Caron. This is what Chris told me- it takes 117 minutes to develop on your arm and it's true, it smells weird and old lady at first but after it develops, it's the yummiest thing ever- spicy and powdery.  I use it sparingly, only for very special occasions, which is silly because it's supposed to be my signature
You have to check out this review on a great perfume blog, Now Smell This, and you will see that I am not exaggerating about this place!  If you are ever in Portland, do stop by and allow yourself to indulge in the wonderful world that is fine fragrance.

No comments: