Coffee, Tea, Or Me?



I have to admit, I'm not much of a coffee drinker.  I know, shocking.  I mostly just drink it when I meet a friend for coffee.  Usually I go the route of herbal tea and it's always mint.  I'm kind of a creature of habit and I don't try new things that often when it comes to social non-alcoholic drinking.  Which is weird because I am so up for trying new things when it comes to food or restaurants or whatever.  Anyway. 
The other day I was meeting a friend for coffee at Lamill but it was just so early and I could tell the coffee was going to give me a stomachache but I wanted a treat.  I looked over the menu and decided to try the Vanilla Rooibos Milk Tea Latte and it was so so so yummy.  I wanted to drink it every day.  So I got home and researched a few recipes online (it turns out this drink is super popular at Starbucks too, who knew?) and decided to whip up my own delish version that doesn't cost me $5.25 every time I drink it. 
After trying to be fancy and make this more complicated than it needs to be, I found the best way is to take a mug, fill half and half with milk and hot water and a rooibos tea bag and microwave for a minute, then add a dash of vanilla flavored syrup.  Of course it's not quite as magical as the one at Lamill, which I think is made out of baby twin tears and stirred with a glittery unicorn horn, but it tastes quite yummy and makes me happy every morning! 

2 comments:

Lauren Bair said...

I just made a super bastardized version of this at work! First, I doubled the unicorn horn, then added a mint tea bag, honey and vanilla soy milk. It's kinda good, but yours sounds yummier...!

Crystal said...

Well it's the baby twin tears that really make this drink...