A Conversation With Adam Scott & Jane Lynch






I know it's hard to tell but that is Adam Scott on the left and Jane Lynch on the right.  Either they are such huge famous stars that they glow and you can't look directly at them, or I have a crappy old iPhone camera that I use to take pictures of things from far away.
I love "conversations", when they take two famous people and make them talk to each other and we all buy tickets to see it.  It's so civilized don't you think?  
I have to admit my big draw for this event was Sir Adam Scott, who was adorable on Party Down and continues to be adorable on Parks & Recreation, but I ended up enjoying the heck out of Jane Lynch too.  Strangely enough, her most popular role to date of Sue Sylvester on Glee is my least favorite thing I have ever seen her do, but that's okay.  Lots of other people like it.  She talked a lot about her book and now I want to read it, it sounds really good.  My favorite part of the evening was when she talked about how her whole life she tried to live by the rules and how mad she gets when others don't.  Tina Fey talks about this too.  Oh ladies, can I ever relate.  That pretty much sums up my life.  Wasted on getting angry about other people not following the rules like I always do.  I recently read an article about the financial structure of Germany in Vanity Fair.  The author took great pains to point out that everyone follows the rules there.  When driving down a crowded freeway, everyone stays in their lane with the slower trucks on the right, no one is trying to constantly change lanes so they can get wherever a little faster and everyone uses their signals.  I swear to you, I almost applied for a visa and started packing my bags.  That sounds like heaven to me!  Do you know what I mean?  Anyway my goal in life is to stop getting so mad about it and learn to let go a little bit.  I think it just takes time and growing older.

PS-  I also got confirmation that the Party Down movie is happening!  To be filmed next summer.  I can't wait!

No comments: