A Holiday Face
This is a classic look you can fall back on for your many holiday events, and take you well into the New Year (and don't worry, you won't look like the santa pictured here!).
First, apply your usual foundation, and then for your powder, a new discovery of mine:
1. Prescriptives Magic Loose Powder. It really is magic! It is supposedly 60% water. When you first look at it, you will think, That's too sparkly, I can't wear that, especially during the daytime! But that's part of the magic. Apply it and you will see it just lends a beautiful glow to your face, underneath twinkling lights or mistletoe alike. The best part though is the way it feels when you apply it. It honestly feels like you are smoothing water over your face. Very refreshing. $35.00 at Prescriptives counters. The last powder you will ever buy, and it is especially good for dry skin.
Secondly, apply blush. You want a nice rosy tone, as if you were relaxing by the fire with a hot toddy after a day on the slopes.
1. If you like powder blush, try Shu Uemera Glow On P Red 14. $21.00 at Sephora or shuuemura.com.
2. If you prefer liquid blush, I like Almay Nearly Naked Touch Pad Liquid Blush in Berry Nude #3. This one is super fun to apply, the applicator is spongy, and you touch your fingers on the sponge and apply to cheeks. $6.99 at drugstores.
As far as blush placement goes, I like the "lazy J" application. Place blush on the apples of cheeks and then blend up onto the temples, in the shape of a "J". Don't overapply, or you could end up with the 80's "blusher slash" look.
Next, on to eyeshadow. I like to apply either a silver or gold shimmer allover the eyelid. Pick either color to match the jewelry and accessories you will be wearing. You can either apply a shadow by itself, such as MAC pigments or paints. For a more intense, saturated, and long lasting look, apply a creme shadow first, then layer powder eyeshadow over it. Remember to apply some shimmer in the lower inner corner of the eye as well, this will make your eyes look huge!
Apply your favorite mascara (at least two coats), fill in your eyebrows as needed and then on to the lips.
My favorite look for the season, is of course-RED. Two suggestions:
1. Start with a nude lipliner, such as MAC Whirl ($13.00 at MAC), then cover with my favorite gloss-Clinique glosswear for lips in Black Honey ($13.50 at Clinique). Not to be confused with the original black honey lipstick, the gloss is 80 times better. Richer color, lasts longer, glossier. And while you're at it, check out the new Clinique Black Honey collection, includes amazing new items such as candles, nail polish, eyeliner, lipbalm, and so on. But back to the lips.
2. For a bolder look, I recommend Dior Addict Lip Fluid #866. The perfect blend between lipstick and gloss, and a beautiful bright red. $22.00 at Dior.
Well, that should just about do it. Have fun at all your parties, and take it from me, don't drink too much!