Fashion Films


There seems to be some controversy about whether or not fashion films (a short film created to convey the feeling and inspiration behind a designer's line) are beneficial to designers or not.  Some may argue they are grainy and don't show the clothes very well, but I think it's pretty obvious that if you like the film, you will adore the fashion line.  I am a big fan of these shorts and watch them incessantly.  They are usually ethereal, unabashedly girly, and exactly tuned to my esthetic.  Here are a few recent favorites:

The Harvest by Lover.  Dreamy gold-tinged film inspired by Terrence Malick's Days of Heaven.

Samantha Pleet 2010.  Adorable road trip adventure with a cute blonde and scene-stealing brunette.

Opening Ceremony's Non Plus One Final.  Almost too twee for words, this short stars Jason Schwartzman and Kirsten Dunst being adorable and falling in lurve.  I would hate it if I didn't adore it so much! 

No comments: