Stuff & Nonsense


Not much going on around here lately.
Spent the last couple of days in extreme relaxation mode chilling on the couch and doing a whole lot of nothing.  I pretty much overdid it on the work front last week and when I finally got some time off (three days in a row?  squee!) all I could do was vegetate.  I did manage to get out of the house and go to Home Depot to look at plants.  This has been one of my favorite things to do lately and looking at the greenery seems to calm me down and give me hope for the future or something.  Especially after watching all the sad Japan footage it was nice and soothing.  Giving money doesn't seem to be enough this time and I am very frustrated that I can't do more right now. 
I got Strudel a nice catnip plant but she won't let me catch her sniffing at it with my camera, she has to act like she doesn't care about anything on film, all part of the image!


I also started working on a new stitching project (sneak peek above) since it's really easy to do while sitting around and watching tv.  I watched Alien for the first time and even though it was kind of slow, it was still good and really amazing that it was filmed in 1979, pretty ahead of it's time!  Hopefully things will get more exciting around here soon and I hope all of you out there in blogland are well!  XOXO, Gossip Girl (sorry, watched 4 episodes yesterday!)

2 comments:

polly conway said...

Isn't Alien crazy?! Sigourney Weaver is the ass-kickingest heroine there is; and that it came out 30 years ago? Madness. Also, the aliens are really gross.

Crystal said...

Yes! At first they seemed laughable when they came out of that guys stomach. But then when it got bigger...oh so scary. And the double mouth? what?