Holiday Gift Guide


Hey guys! I felt the need to write a gift guide this year and then after I did, I realized it was pretty girly. I guess it makes sense considering I'm a girl, and I'm assuming most of my readers are girls... so without further ado, here it is- Blend's 2011 Holiday Gift Guide for the Ladies! Enjoy.


Can you believe there is a new book about Diana Vreeland out?!? I'm dying! Written by Lisa Immordino Vreeland (who is married to Diana's grandson), this book features more than 350 illustrations, including original magazine spreads and many famous photographs. Heaven!
Marisa Berenson: A Life In Pictures
I've been obsessed with Marisa Berenson ever since I watched Cabaret when I was 19. For me she is the perfect mix of worldly glamour and 70's inspiration.
70's Style & Design
Speaking of the 70's... this book is amazing! A must have for the fashion obsessed.


Midwest Maude Ornaments
Inspired by Enid Collins, these ornaments are so fantastic I felt as if I had found something I was looking for my whole life! They come in tons of color combos and are perfect for any woman in your life.
Dylan's Candy Bar Chocolate Covered Potato Chips
I'm obsessed with sweet & salty combos and this one sounds so good. Wouldn't you love to find this in your stocking Christmas morning? Yum.
Did you know that a Dylan's Candy Bar is opening next year in Los Angeles? Color me excited!
West Elm Hand Blocked Triangle Pillow Cover
If there is one thing in life I stress out about, it's throw pillows. I feel like they say so much about a person, so I don't want them to be too crazy or trendy. When I saw these gold beauties at West Elm, I knew my year-long search had ended. These would fit into just about any decorating scheme- and don't forget to buy some pillow inserts!


Dorothy Thorpe Glassware
I find the best way to find and collect this Mad Men-ish style is to do a simple Ebay search for: you guessed it- Dorothy Thorpe Glassware!
I'm super into the idea of using just one huge ice cube to keep your drink cold- since there is less surface area, these cubes keep your cocktails chilled without diluting the flavor. Adds that extra special touch to any get together.
I'm partial to this set of six by Schott Zwiesel. The simplicity of the design lets your cocktail take center stage, and the Tritan-infused glass resists scratching and breakage.

No comments: