The Widow's Touch


Looks yummers, right?  I have been wanting to make a fall-tinged drink with Applejack ever since I read a recipe for one in Bon Appetit about 3 years ago.  
Then I was at Big Bar at Alcove with Lauren the other day and I saw a drink featuring it on the menu.  From what I could remember of the original recipe, it seemed quite similar.
Well, one sip of this drink was enough for me to run to the nearest BevMo and buy a bottle of Laird's Apple Jack.  And enough Benedictine and St. Germain to make my new signature fall beverage all winter!



The Widow's Touch


1 cup ice cubes
5 Tbsp Laird's Apple Jack
3 Tbsp St. Germain
1 Tbsp Benedictine liqueur
2 dashes Angostura Bitters


Place ice cubes in cocktail shaker.  Add remaining ingredients and stir 20 to 30 seconds. 
Strain into 2 chilled coupe glasses and serve.



No comments: